Applicants should submit: Agency Application, cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references. AA/EOE.
We will begin reviewing applications January 20th and continue until the positions are filled. For questions, to request a position description or to apply contact:
- ADULT COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
Northwestern Mental Health Center (www.nwmhc.org) is looking to hire a Community Mental Health Specialists who will serve adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses
Candidate will serve adults with serious and persistent mental illnesses in Polk County. Duties include: treatment planning, case management, skills training, assistance with daily living skills, benefits assistance, and a variety of other individual and group mental health services. Looking for individuals willing to work a flexible schedule and live in or near assigned area. Position is salaried with full benefits. Supervision provided by a mental health professional.
- - Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a human service field
- - Consideration will be given to candidates with leadership skills and with significant experience working with people with serious mental illness or homeless individuals
MENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
Northwestern Mental Health Center’s (www.nwmhc.org) Children and Family Services Team is hiring for a Mental Health Practitioner
Mental health practitioner/professional serving children 6-18 with behavioral health issues and their families in the home settings in Polk and Marshall Counties.
The applicant must be willing to work traditional and non-traditional hours, including evenings with the advantage of establishing a flexible schedule. Competitive salary and benefits. Clinical supervision provided by a mental health professional. Great working environment as part of the Children and Family Services Team and Early Childhood cohort. Applicants of diverse cultural backgrounds or experience in serving diverse populations are encouraged to apply.
- - Applicants must qualify as a mental health practitioner or professional in the state of MN
- - Preference will be given to candidates with a bachelors degree with 2,000 hours supervised
- experience with children with mental health issues
- - or a masters in human services degree for a full-time skills building services provider
- - experience preferred in serving children with social/emotional/behavioral challenges and their families need to have training/education in child development, as well as experience with 6-18 year olds with mental health issues.
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
The Northwestern Mental Health Center (NWMHC) is seeking an experienced LADC with a strong understanding of the interface of chemical health, mental health and primary health. The LADC will have the unique opportunity of being able to influence our service delivery model as we develop this new programming in response to our community’s needs.
The LADC will perform chemical dependency assessments, develops treatments plan, performs individual counseling, facilitates group sessions, provides case management duties, and secures funding for clients. The LADC manages a caseload and provides documentation of services. Position is salaried with full benefits.
- - Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor through the MN Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy
- - Able to clear a DHS background study and sexual exploitation screening
- - A minimum of two-year freedom from chemical abuse problems
- - Able to document 12 hours of training in co-occurring mental health problems and chemical abuse or dependency
The Northwestern Mental Health Center in Crookston, MN is seeking a full-time and/or part-time Psychologist, Clinical Psychologist or Neuropsychologist. NWMHC is a Community Mental Health Center serving a six-county region in NW MN. We are looking for the right community-focused candidate to join our team. Successful candidate will become part of an agency culture that is known for its community collaborations and work with cross functional teams to help promote the recovery and resiliency of individuals across the age continuum. This culture is rooted in a history of support while striving towards Clinical, Professional, Organizational and Relationship Excellence. Candidate will be on a collaborative team that seeks to support both the practitioners on the team and clients they serve with a positive, recovery-orientated environment. The culture of the team seeks to provide the optimal place in which each team member can grow and operate at the highest level of each individual’s abilities
- Diagnostic testing/interpretation and neurobehavioral status examinations in an outpatient clinic setting
- Assist in providing inpatient diagnostic evaluation, assessment and mental health status evaluations as needed in local long-term care facilities
- Work closely with a team of Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Independent Clinical Social Workers, LPCC’s, LMFT’s and APRN and contracted Psychiatrists
- NWMHC offers regionally competitive compensation, malpractice insurance, and comprehensive benefits with funds set aside for professional development
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 8a to 5p
- Agency is a National Health Service Corps site and would be willing to discuss allowing dedicated time to prepare for Board Certification with the right candidate
- Doctorate in Psychology from and APA accredited program (PhD or PsyD) required
- 2 years post-doctoral training in clinical neuropsychology preferred
Plusses to working with a smaller, dynamic organization include:
- Opportunity to develop the practice
- Opportunity to collaborate with a local University in educating the next generation of professionals
- Opportunity to respond to local training needs, developing the skills of partner agency staff
- Opportunity to serve a full spectrum of clients
- Opportunity to design the position to best meet the community needs