NWMHC is committed to the health and safety of our clients, employees and the communities we serve. We continue to work with Polk County Public Health and the Minnesota Department of Health and follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
We want to continue to provide access to vital mental health services amid COVID-19 physical distancing guidelines. During this period of physical distancing and shelter in place, we are suspending in-person appointments and visits. Instead, we will offer all services via telephone and telemedicine, with the exception of psychological and neuropsychological testing.
As the COVID-19 virus progresses closer to home, fear and anxiety about the outbreak can be overwhelming. While we’re not experts on COVID-19, we can help you with tips to keep yourself emotionally healthy. Please scroll down for additional resources you may find helpful throughout this pandemic.
• Building Resilient Communities Through Self-Care | 4.9.2020
• [VIDEO] COVID-19 Update from NWMHC | 3.26.2020
• Updates Related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | 3.16.2020
• Reframing Fears and Anxiety about Coronavirus | 3.13.2020
• Simple Activities for Children and Adolescents [NCTSN]
• Coronavirus: A book for children
• Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus [NPR]
• Cosmic Kids | Yoga, Mindfulness, Meditation for Kids
• Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19 [NASP]
• Ready Kids!
• How you and your kids can de-stress during coronavirus (PBS)
• Sesame Street: Coping with COVID
• Mr. Bailey Explains Coronavirus (10 min video)
• Authors Read Books
• Disney Virtual Roller Coaster Rides
• Mindfulness Classes for Kids
• Story Time from Space
• Feeling Exhausted Right Now?
• National Parent Helpline: 1-855-427-2736
• Virtual Strategies for Parents
• Do you have an Anxious Student?
• Common Sense Media
• CASEL- Social Emotional Learning
• Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the COVID-19 [NCTSN]
• Family and Educator Resources for COVID-19
• Lunch Doodles
• Practicing Resilience in Community [MCCC]
• Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
• Virtual Calming Room
• Free Books from New York Public Library
• Gratitude Video (6 min)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
• WHO updates on coronavirus worldwide
• Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
• Helping children cope with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
• Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the COVID-19