NWMHC is committed to the health and safety of our clients, employees, and the communities we serve. We continue to work with Polk County Public Health and the Minnesota Department of Health and follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines in relation to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
NWMHC developed the COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the pandemic and Minnesota Governor Tim Walz’s Executive Orders. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our facilities and communities. Click here to read or download our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan.
• Building Resilient Communities Through Self-Care | 4.9.2020
• [VIDEO] COVID-19 Update from NWMHC | 3.26.2020
• Updates Related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) | 3.16.2020
• Reframing Fears and Anxiety about Coronavirus | 3.13.2020
- Simple Activities for Children and Adolescents [NCTSN]
- Coronavirus: A book for children
- Just for Kids: A Comic Exploring The New Coronavirus [NPR]
- Cosmic Kids | Yoga, Mindfulness, Meditation for Kids
- Helping Children Cope With Changes Resulting From COVID-19 [NASP]
- Ready Kids!
- How you and your kids can de-stress during coronavirus (PBS)
- Sesame Street: Coping with COVID
- Mr. Bailey Explains Coronavirus (10 min video)
- Authors Read Books
- Disney Virtual Roller Coaster Rides
- Mindfulness Classes for Kids
- Story Time from Space
- Feeling Exhausted Right Now?
- National Parent Helpline: 1-855-427-2736
- Virtual Strategies for Parents
- Do you have an Anxious Student?
- Common Sense Media
- CASEL- Social Emotional Learning
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the COVID-19 [NCTSN]
- Family and Educator Resources for COVID-19
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- CDC updates on coronavirus in the United States
- What you need to know about COVID-19
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- What to do if you are sick with COVID-19
- Stop the Spread of Germs
World Health Organization (WHO)
- WHO updates on coronavirus worldwide
- Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the COVID-19