INSURANCE & PAYMENT
Insurance and Payment
NWMHC recognizes that understanding and paying for health services can be a confusing, challenging issue. Our goal is to help you understand how our services are covered under your benefit plan and to work with you on payment options so that you can receive the services you need.
NWMHC accepts most of the insurance plans seen in our region. If you have questions about whether or not your insurance is accepted by our agency, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our helpful staff are also available to discuss insurance questions at your visit.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – All States
- Health Partners
- Preferred One
- United Behavioral Health – All States
Other insurances are accepted, but we may be considered an “out-of-network” provider.
Income based insurances are generally obtained through an application with the county or through MNSure.
- Blue Plus (Blue Cross Blue Shield Product)- Minnesota Only
- Health Partners – Minnesota Only
- PrimeWest – Minnesota Only
- Medicaid – Minnesota Only
- UCare – Minnesota Only
- United Behavioral Health – Minnesota Only
If you have income based insurance from another state, your insurance cannot be accepted by NWMHC. You may be eligible to receive sliding fee assistance or to have a private pay agreement set up with us.
- Artic Cat
- Crookston Public Schools
- DOR Affiliates (Bremer Bank)
- Pioneer Memorial
- RiverView Health Care
- The Village
- Vital Work Life
We are an Employee Assistance Provider (EAP) for various local employers and EAP systems. If you do not see your employer or EAP listed above, please contact your Human Resources Department for guidance or you may choose to be seen by us via your regular insurance.
Most EAPs limit you to Outpatient Services and limit you to a certain number of sessions. Please take care to review this with your HR department and/or with our staff as you begin services with us.
- NWMHC accepts Medicare and Military Insurance but currently federally supported insurances require that you see providers whose licensure type and service type is approved by the federal plan. For Mental Health Services, NWMHC has a large number of Medicare approved providers so this should not limit your access to services. For Substance Use Services, Medicare does not cover this service. Any services received would need to be paid for via sliding fee or private pay.
NWMHC is a partner with MNSure. Our trained MNSure Navigators can help you apply for coverage. Click here to learn more about the NWMHC MNSure Partnership.
NWMHC recognizes that with today’s high deductible insurance plans, paying for health care can be a challenge. Our staff are here to work with you to make a payment arrangement plan. Our clinicians are also happy to work with you in planning a course of treatment that works for you, your insurance and your budget.