Requesting Your Medical Records
We take client confidentiality seriously and therefore, protect your medical record. Your medical record contains personal health information that could include medications, diagnoses, treatments, etc.
If you are requesting medical records for yourself or your dependent, you can submit your request:
- Via our Authorization For Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information* form
- During clinical instruction
- Fax to 218-955-7141 (HIPAA-secure)
- In-person or by mail:
Northwestern Mental Health Center
Attn: Medical Records
P.O. Box 603
Crookston, MN 56716
- Authorization For Use and Disclosure of Protected Health Information*
* This document serves as both a Release of Information and a Medical Records request.
On April 5, 2021, federal rules implemented the bipartisan 21st Century Cures Act specifying that 8 types of clinical notes are among electronic information that must not be blocked and must be made available free of charge to patients. To learn more about OpenNotes and its impact on NWMHC clients, please refer to the following resources: